Updated on November 26, 2011
Click here to view an awesome list of magazine subscriptions on sale for Black Friday!
Here are a few that jumped out at me:
Shape Magazine – $2.99
Redbook Magazine – $3.99
Disney’s Family Fun Magazine – $3.50
Better Homes & Gardens – $3.99
Scholastic Parent & Child Magazine – $3.50
ESPN Magazine – $3.99
Golf Digest – $3.99
Every Day with Rachel Ray – $3.99
Taste of Home Magazine – $3.50
Women’s Health – $3.50
Men’s Health – $5.99
Muscle & Fitness – $3.99
There are plenty of other very inexpensive magazine subscriptions, as well! Once on the site, just click through the tabs to view the various categories.
Updated on November 25, 2011
New Printable Coupons – All Detergent, Tone Bar Soap/Body Wash, Garnier Hairspray, Maalox & $5 Off Various Fragrances
Click here to print a coupon for $1.00 off All detergent (found under zip code 27107).
Harris Teeter shoppers, it is on sale for $3.99 through 11/29, so after this coupon is redeemed, the price will only be $2.99!
Click here to print coupons for $5.00 off the following fragrances, redeemable at Walmart (found under zip code 27107):
$5.00 off Faith Hill
$5.00 off Celine Dion
$5.00 off Tim McGraw
$5.00 off David Beckam
$5.00 off Beyonce
$5.00 off Halle Berry
It appears most of these fragrances cost only between $15 – $20 at Walmart, so after the coupon, it will make quite a deal.
Click here to print a coupon for $.35 off ONE Tone bar soap (found under zip code 27107)!
Click here to print a coupon for $1.00 off TWO Tone Body Washes (found under zip code 98021)!
Click here to print a coupon for $1.25 off ONE Garnier hairspray (found under zip code 27107)!
Click here to print a coupon for $1.50 off ONE Maalox Advanced (found under zip code 27107)!
Updated on November 25, 2011
The following coupons are currently available:
$1.00 off THREE Kellogg’s Pop-tarts
$1.00 off THREE Eggo Waffles
$1.00 off THREE Keebler Townhouse Flipsides Crackers
Once you sign up (for free), you will periodically get an email alerting you to new promotions and offers.
Updated on November 23, 2011
1. When shopping online, be sure to go through cash back sites, such as Ebates (free program). Basically,you get cash back for shopping online at over 1,200 stores (i.e. Target, GAP, Barnes & Nobles, Kohls, Ebay, Victoria’s Secret, Macy’s, J. Crew and many others).
Once you sign up for Ebates, instead of going directly to the retailer’s website, you go to Ebates.com to access the retailer’s website. When you make a purchase from the retailer, your Ebates account will be credited for a percentage of your sale.
Then, you will receive a check in the mail or if you prefer, will have your money sent to you through PayPal. That’s it, no forms to fill out, nothing to mail off…just shop online and receive a percentage of the sale as an “Ebate.” This is a great way to get some money back on items you were going to purchase anyway.
*Right now when you sign up for Ebates, you will receive a FREE $10 gift card to Target, Barnes & Noble, Home Depot and Magazines.com. The gift card will be triggered after your first $25 purchase.
2. When shopping online for an out-of-town recipient, have the item shipped directly to the person. That way, you don’t have to pay shipping fees to receive the item and in turn, pay more shipping fees to send it to the recipient.
3. Do not, I repeat, do not make an online purchase without doing a couple of quick internet searches for that store with the words “free shipping” and then again with the words “coupon code.” It helps to include the current month and year in your search to make sure you are getting the newest, most up-to-date coupon codes available.
4. When shopping for gift cards, go through sites such as GiftCards.com and PlasticJungle.com which offer discounted gift cards for hundreds of retailers and restaurants. Say you want to purchase a $50 gift card for someone. You will likely find it on one of these sites for around $45.00 (maybe less). Plus, FREE SHIPPING is included with your purchase.
Here is the discount gift card concept as explained by GiftCards.com: “GiftCards.com buys unwanted gift cards from over 500 retail locations. We pay cash for these gift cards and then we resell them to you at discounts of up to 25%. So, for example, you go into one of our retail locations with a $100 Best Buy gift card and you want cash for it. We pay you $65 cash. We then take that card and send it to our secure fulfillment facility. We list it on GiftCards.com for sale at $75. You get a $25 Discount, and we make $10. It’s a win for everyone. In an economy like this, every savings counts.”
Keep this in mind the next time you need to purchase a gift card. You can save some cash, order it from home, and don’t even have to crank up your car and take the time to visit the store to purchase the gift card. I love free shipping and that each purchase is guaranteed.
Keep in mind that you could also save some money by purchasing a gift card to use towards your own personal purchase. For example, I noticed there is currently a Dick’s Sporting Goods gift card with a balance of $101 for sale for $89 on Giftcards.com. So, if you purchase that gift card, you are $12 ahead already on your purchase. Then, you can use store coupons and discounts on top of that.
5. Do not forget about using Ebay as an option for your shopping. Plenty of items for sale on Ebay are brand new and you can purchase them at deeply discounted prices compared to a retailer. Often times, the seller will include either the words “New With Tags” or “NWT” in the listing heading for brand new clothing. Include this in your search to narrow down the results to only brand new items.
What Are Your Favorite Ways to Save When Shopping Online?
Click here to print the following high value toy coupons (found under zip code 62946):
$5.00 off ONE Mega Blok Wagon
$5.00 off ONE Breakthrough 3-D Mega Puzzle
$3.00 off ONE Ding Card Game
$20.00 off ONE Need for Speed Porsche 911 3TG RTS
FREE Easy Bake Ultimate Oven Refill Pack When You Purchase an Easy Bake Ultimate Oven
Print these (before they reach their print limit) and match to the holiday sales in the coming weeks!
Click here to print a coupon for $.75 off any ONE Land O Lakes butter (found under zip code 60025)!
Harris Teeter shoppers, the Land O Lakes butter sticks are on sale through 11/29 for $2.50. After this coupon is doubled, it will only cost $1.00! What a great price for butter! Remember you can print two.
Food Lion shoppers, the Land O Lakes butter sticks are on sale for $3.00, so after this coupon is redeemed, the price will be $2.25.
I love this deal! It makes a classy, inexpensive gift for someone on your Christmas shopping list!
CanvasPeople is offering a free 8 x 10 photo canvas (just pay $14.95 shipping) OR $55 off any size as a special introductory deal! If you have never priced photo canvases, this is quite a deal!
Even though this is a “Black Friday” deal, it is already available now. Get it while you can 🙂
Last Christmas when this offer was available, I used the $55 credit towards a photo canvas of my boys (pictured below). It was easy to create, the quality is awesome, I received it within a week of placing the order and it makes a great focal point in my foyer. Guests to my house always seem to notice and comment on this photo canvas as they walk into my home.
Updated on November 22, 2011
Click here to print a coupon for $1.00 off ONE large size Similac formula (found under zip code 27107)!
Click here to print a coupon for $3.00 off Fujifilm photo processing on 100 + 4″ X 6″ digital prints (one hour photo service)! Found under zip code 62946.
Click here to print a coupon for $1.00 off any TWO Chinet napkins, table covers or guest towels (found under zip code 62946)!
Click here to print a coupon for $1.00 off Us Weekly magazine (found under zip code 62946)!
There are also magazine coupons for Essence, People Coutry and People en Espanol available at this link.
Click here to print a coupon for $1.00 off any o.b. product (found under zip code 62946)!
Click here to print a coupon for $5.00 off any Kodak 12-month calendar from a Kodak picture kiosk (found under zip code 62946).
This is a great way to save on a photo calendar and not have to pay shipping and handling charges.
Click here to print a coupon for $2.00 off any EPT pregnancy test (found under zip code 98021)!
Click here to print coupons for various Wonka and Nestle holiday candy products!
Updated on November 23, 2011
Four Important Things to Note About These Photos:
1- The photographer was my sister, not a “professional.”
2- We used my yard as the setting.
3- The was no pre-planning involved with our attire.
4- I will treasure these photos forever (and probably tear up down the road when I look back on these photos of my boy’s “younger days”).
The Story Behind These Pictures…
My sister was in town last weekend and was itching to use her new camera to capture some photos of my boys and me. Time was tight, but spur-of-the-moment we were able to squeeze in a few pictures.
I quickly grabbed some clothes from each of our closets with “red” being the coordinating color and we just went out into my yard.
As you know, little ones have a hard time sitting still and smiling for a picture. They have trouble sitting still PERIOD. Case in point, see the photo below. You can tell my 2-year-old is being held in place for one of the few “posed pictures” we tried to get. No, he was not happy about sitting still. He was ready to run…
I have a very clear memory of my now sweet little 6-year-old being a HANDFUL for his Christmas portraits at Walmart Portrait Studios when he was two. Lets just say it was a quite an experience for all of us.
He kept trying to climb off the table, would toss the props back at the photographer, and he was miserably hot. He looked adorable in his little Christmas sweater, but with all of his movement and activity “resisting” the portraits, he had worked up a sweat which was leading to even more “resistance.” We laugh about it now, but it was no laughing matter at that time…it was stressful!
On the contrary, this weekend’s spur-of-the-moment photos made life so much easier. Kids love to run and move, so that is what my boys did. My sister took more than a hundred pictures of them just being them and us just being us. There wasn’t a whole lot of “cheese” involved in these pictures. There also wasn’t a whole lot of posing (only a little). For the most part, the smiles were natural, real smiles from fun being had. The pictures aren’t “perfect,” but I absolutely love them.
You Can Do This Too!
If you are like me and the thought of taking your toddler for a “professional holiday portrait” at a portrait studio makes your stress meter go way up, you may want to give this “informal” method a try.
A Few Tips:
1. Pick your setting. I love outdoor photos (your yard and/or park are two great places to give this a try), but it is important to take note of what will be in the background. A few great pictures from our “photo shoot” as we moved about my yard ended up having our large trash bin in the background. Oops!
2. Take A LOT of pictures. Many of them will not turn out well and you will end up deleting them. But, you will be amazed at what will be captured!
3. Work with your photos afterwards to make the photo look the best it possibly can. Crop the image, adjust colors and that type of thing. Many computers come with photo editing software. If yours did not, there are photo editing programs available for free on the Internet.
Updated on November 21, 2011
Ten FREE Personalized Holiday Items From VistaPrint (Pay Only Shipping for Photo Holiday Cards, Photo Calendars & More)
Over the weekend, I posted the offer for a FREE personalized photo wall calendar from VistaPrint. While this offer is still available, there have been NINE additional FREE personalized items added to this promotion.
- 140 Holiday Address or Gift Tag Labels (Shipping approx. $3)
- Personalized Tote Bag (Shipping approx. $4)
- 10 Flat or Folded Holiday Cards (Shipping approx. $4.50)
- Wall Photo Calendar (Shipping approx. $5.00)
- Desk Photo Calendar (Shipping approx. $5.00)
- Personalized Self-Inking Stamp (Shipping approx. $5.50)
- 250 Business Cards (Shipping approx. $5.50)
- Customized Mug (Shipping approx. $6)
- 100 Holiday Postcards (Shipping approx. $7.00)
This offer is valid only through this Friday, November 25th!
(Note – Choose the “Slow, 21-Day Shipping” to get the shipping rates shown above. I have ordered from VistaPrint and it NEVER takes this long to get your items).