What is the $60 Weekly Grocery Challenge?

Each week my goal is to spend approximately $60 for food, drinks, groceries, toiletries, diapers and medicine for my family of five. Then, I report on this blog the items that I bought, the best sales and coupon match-ups that I found and hopefully by doing so, help you stretch your family’s grocery budget, as well!

How Did I Do This Week?

Harris Teeter – Spent $66.71 (plus tax) for $177.99 WorthClick here to view the long list of coupon matchups I used, plus other great deals at Harris Teeter this week!

Here is my receipt showing a savings of $107.07: Today I went over my $60 weekly goal, but considering last week I only spent $34.33 (plus tax) during the entire week of super doubles, I am still ending the month of June spending under my $60 weekly goal :)

Plus, today I feel like I really got a lot for my money since two packs of diapers, sunscreen, a variety of fresh produce, and many needed items for the July 4th weekend festivities were included in the shopping trip.  I also included sugar, oil and some other staple items that will last me a while.

During today’s shopping trip, I once again redeemed the following $10.00 off $50.00 Harris Teeter purchase coupon (pictured above).  Find out how to get your coupon by clicking here

Follow Homemaking Mom on Facebook

I post pictures of my weekly Harris Teeter shopping trips and show you how I keep my family’s grocery budget to $60 per week!

Did you find any great grocery/drug store bargains this week?

If you have a blog, link up below.  If not, feel free to comment on this post with your grocery savings!

8 Responses to “$60 Weekly Grocery Challenge – Spent $66.71 (Plus Tax) for $177.99 Worth at Harris Teeter”

1. Ronda Cox Says:
    June 29th, 2011 at 7:19 PM

For all the days when you are so busy and think you just can’t write another word or search for another bargain to share with you fellow couponers, I say thank you so much. I have been doing this for about two months and I have learned so much and get so much encouragement from you. I am glad you shop at HT as it is my primary place and following your lead is such a blessing. Enjoy a wonderful weekend and thanks again for your sharing. r

2. Homemaking Mom Says:
    June 30th, 2011 at 9:27 AM

Hi Ronda! You just made my day :) Thank you so much for taking a moment to comment and sending such kind words my way. I love knowing that my site is helpful to others and hearing feedback, such as yours, is a huge encouragement to ME!!! Thank you!!!

3. Debi @ Bluegrass Savers Says:
    July 1st, 2011 at 8:46 AM

@Ronda! I totally feel you. hang in there, it gets much better.

While I don’t have a HT store in my area, I love to come and read how you did each week. If we ever go on vacation to a state with HT stores, I’ll be over here looking for the match ups because you do it so well.

4. Pounds4Pennies Says:
    July 1st, 2011 at 6:23 PM

Great Job this week. Stop by to LINK UP for Friday.

5. Courtney Says:
    July 2nd, 2011 at 4:26 PM

I do not understand how to earn on recycle bank. I joined but what do I do to get the $10 off $50??? Please help, thanks!

6. Diana Says:
    July 4th, 2011 at 12:52 PM

wow I’m impressed…..that is sooo much food! Nice work

7. Homemaking Mom Says:
    July 5th, 2011 at 10:24 AM

Thank you Diana!

8. Homemaking Mom Says:
    July 5th, 2011 at 10:28 AM

Hi Courtney! Here is the link to the various ways to earn: http://www.recyclebank.com/how-to-earn/
    All you need is 100 points to request the $10 off $50 purchase at Harris Teeter. You can request up to 4 of these a month.

JCPenney
Kohls Department Stores Inc
Search & Win

June 2011
M T W T F S S
« May   Jul »
 12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930

Disclosure

Unless otherwise expressly stated, you should assume that Homemaking Mom has an affiliate relationship or other material connection to the providers of goods and services mentioned by, recommended, hyperlinked to, or otherwise referenced on Homemakingmom.com. In addition, you should assume that Homemaking Mom may be compensated monetarily or non-monetarily when you visit, purchase goods or services from, or take any other action on a third-party website mentioned by, recommended, hyperlinked to, or otherwise referenced on Homemakingmom.com.