What is the $60 Weekly Grocery Challenge?

Each week my goal is to spend approximately $60 for food, drinks, groceries, toiletries, diapers and medicine for my family of five. Then, I report on this blog the items that I bought, the best sales and coupon match-ups that I found and hopefully by doing so, help you stretch your family’s grocery budget, as well!

This week will be a little different than most due to the fact I will be grocery shopping more than once since it is TRIPLE COUPON week at Harris Teeter!  I will post a picture below of the items I get during each shopping trip and will continue to update my coupon matchup list throughout the week as new coupons are released.  Happy shopping!

Harris Teeter Triple Coupon Shopping Trip Day #1

Spent $3.82 (plus tax) and saved $53.16!

The hardest part about today was trying to decide which 20 coupons to use today since I have so many I would like to redeem during triples :)  For the list of coupon matchups that I used today and plan to use throughout the week, click here!

Harris Teeter Triple Coupon Shopping Trip Day #2

Spent $4.45 (plus tax) and saved $50.30!

Most of the items I picked up today were either free or cost very little.  Of the total $4.45 spent, $3.00 of that amount was on the two bags of Sun Chips ($1.50 per bag).  But, my family loves Sun Chips and you can’t ever find them that cheap, so I included them in my shopping trip today.  However, if you take those out of my picture above, everything else only came to a grand total of $1.45!

Click here to view my triple coupon matchups list so you can go pick up your very own basket of practically free items!

Reader Pictures – Harris Teeter Triple Coupon Shopping Trips

I love seeing the great deals my readers are finding during triples!  Here is a picture a reader submitted from her and another family member’s combined trip.  The combined total was $28 for $162 worth of groceries.

Here is another reader pic.  Her total dropped to $78 after VIC savings and then down to $34 after her coupons were tripled.  Great job ladies!

Did you find any great grocery/drug store bargains this week?

If you have a blog, link up below.  If not, feel free to comment on this post with your grocery savings!

18 Responses to “$60 Weekly Grocery Challenge – My Harris Teeter Triple Coupon Shopping Trips 5/18 – 5/24”

1. Pounds4Pennies Says:
    May 18th, 2011 at 1:54 PM

You are doing an awesome job. I am going to really try to stick to my budget next week. I have not been doing so well. I wish we had stores that doubled and tripled more. It does help to stretch your dollars when they allow this.

Great Job. i enjoy visiting every week.

2. Debi @ Bluegrass Savers Says:
    May 18th, 2011 at 2:59 PM

Can’t wait to go get me some Athenos Greek yogurt! Great job! Must be nice having these triples events.

3. Katie Says:
    May 18th, 2011 at 5:04 PM

quick question….does your Teeter allow 2 coupons for B1G1? ours in Charleston, SC does not, so I only ever get 1 item so I can maximize my coupons.

4. Shelly @ Coupon Teacher Says:
    May 18th, 2011 at 5:17 PM

Very nice shopping!

5. Kimberly Says:
    May 18th, 2011 at 8:13 PM

You did a wonderful job! I also give myself a weekly budget, except it’s $50 for a family of 2. I’ve been doing this for about 2 months now, and I love knowing how much more I can save by doing this.

6. Christie G. Says:
    May 19th, 2011 at 11:19 AM

Oops – I think I posted wrong and it put my name instead of blog name! Anyways…I had an epic Harris Teeter shopping adventure yesterday!

Got $108 of groceries for $15!

7. Homemaking Mom Says:
    May 19th, 2011 at 12:03 PM

Christie, you did have an EPIC shopping trip! Great job! It is so fun to save like that! Thanks for sharing! If you want to post the HT link on my linky below, go ahead. I don’t mind if you are on there twice :)

8. Homemaking Mom Says:
    May 19th, 2011 at 12:10 PM

Hi Kimberly! Thanks so much for linking up! It is funny how once you set an amount for your grocery budget, you can find ways to make it work for you. Great job!

9. Homemaking Mom Says:
    May 19th, 2011 at 12:11 PM

Thank you, Shelly!

10. Homemaking Mom Says:
    May 19th, 2011 at 12:16 PM

Hi Katie! Harris Teeter just updated their coupon policy as of this week to allow one coupon per item purchased (BOGOs included). Woo hoo – I was so glad to hear that! I had been doing like you and only purchasing one BOGO item per shopping trip, but this new update will take away the hassle of doing that. And, I had no problem at all purchasing this week’s Fruit20 and Chinet BOGO items and using a coupon on all 4 items. Yay!

11. Homemaking Mom Says:
    May 19th, 2011 at 12:18 PM

Thanks Debi! Triples are awesome. As for the Athenos yogurt, I have never tried it before, but think I will today with lunch :) Another great thing about couponing, the opportunity to try new products on the market for FREE!

12. Homemaking Mom Says:
    May 19th, 2011 at 12:21 PM

Thanks for linking up Pounds4Pennies! I think you are doing an awesome job, as well! And, yes, having access to a store who regularly doubles and occasionally triples coupons really does make all of the difference in the world. I am very thankful for that! This week is a big time stock up on staples week week for me with triple coupons going on, but in upcoming weeks I will be sure to spend more on produce, meat, etc. It all evens out over time. Just keep at it…you are doing great!

13. Eli Says:
    May 19th, 2011 at 12:57 PM

Wow, awesome job :)

Thanks to your list I bought 4 sets of Chinet Plates, 3 Gillette Bodywashes & 3 Gilette deodorant (had these coupons from the Sunday paper, even though they do not triple, they make a great deal with the $2 off Gillette Bodywash and B1 bodywash get 1 deodorant free)

Paid $7.92 inclding tax :)

14. Christie G. Says:
    May 19th, 2011 at 2:14 PM

Thanks for helping me figure it out :) Your site is awesome, I might have to start a grocery challenge myself!

15. Katie Says:
    May 20th, 2011 at 9:07 AM

just heard about the updated B1G1 policy last night. Very exciting. Going to try that out this morning with another trip :)

16. Lacey Barbier Says:
    May 22nd, 2011 at 9:35 AM

I love your site! I am just getting started out and never heard of the whole link up thing! But it is such a GREAT idea to let people share things! Thanks for offering that!

17. Homemaking Mom Says:
    May 22nd, 2011 at 2:29 PM

Thank you Lacey! It really is fun to have a “link up” and see the great deals others are finding! Thanks for adding yours :)

18. Homemaking Mom Says:
    May 22nd, 2011 at 2:30 PM

Eli, you did EXCELLENT! Thanks for sharing!

Search & Win

May 2011
M T W T F S S
« Apr   Jun »
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031

Disclosure

Unless otherwise expressly stated, you should assume that Homemaking Mom has an affiliate relationship or other material connection to the providers of goods and services mentioned by, recommended, hyperlinked to, or otherwise referenced on Homemakingmom.com. In addition, you should assume that Homemaking Mom may be compensated monetarily or non-monetarily when you visit, purchase goods or services from, or take any other action on a third-party website mentioned by, recommended, hyperlinked to, or otherwise referenced on Homemakingmom.com.